Moving Pods: Simple Tips To Store Your Electronic Devices
It’s finally time to move out of your home and place your items in moving pods. You have a lot of personal belongings, but you love your electronics. You have computers, tablets, eBook readers, televisions, and gadgets no one has ever heard of! With the high price tag of each of your electronics, you want to do everything possible to keep them free from damage and safe while they are in storage. Our Storage Company has put together a few simple tips to makes sure you electronics are like brand new before and after you put them in storage.
What should you do with your electronics before placing them in moving pods?
- Clean all of your electronics and wipe off any dust and debris on your devices.
- If possible, store your electronics in the original box you purchased them in. Original packaging will have the necessary padding and protection to keep your gadgets damage free.
- Disconnect all wires, and remove all batteries from all of your devices. Also, you should remove any extra pieces like toner, flash drives, or anything that needs to be removed from your computer.
- Pack your electronics in unmarked boxes. Instead, have a color code system in place so you know what belongs in which box. For example, purple labels are laptops, while red labels are tablets. This way you can identify what is in each box, and prevent thieves from stealing your items while in storage pods.
- Check manufacturer’s guidelines for proper dis-assembly and storing of your electronics. This way you can prevent damage and unnecessary mishaps. Reading the owner’s manual and guidelines to your electronics will most likely help you achieve a hassle-free storage experience.
- If you have certain types of electronics, you may need climate-controlled storage units. It’s highly advisable to search for storage companies which can meet your individual or business moving needs.
- Call the closest storage facility in your area and ask if they have security and systems in place to keep your electronics safe at all times.
- Check to see if your storage in Hancock Park will let you have free and easy access to your electronics at any given time.
- Check to see if the storage solution you choose can deliver your electronics to anywhere you are in the world.
- Wrap your electronics in paper or cloth material to prevent dust build up during the transporting process.
Box-n- Go can store your electronics and more!
Make sure the storage company you choose can provide you with flexible storage options to keep your electronics safe. Whether you are storing electronics, household furniture, or other valuables, you can rely on Box-n-Go. We guarantee to provide you with spacious and affordable moving pods today. Call Box-n-Go storage and reserve your space today!
While self-storage is nothing new, the portable storage system has changed the age-old system into a convenient and simple storage process. Introduced quite a few years ago, mobile storage units provide an efficient and easy way to pack and store items. Companies like PODS® and Public Storage have, over the years, developed various portable storage concepts, including the portable storage delivery systems and several storage containers sizes, which they referred to as PODS® for Portable On Demand Storage (Box-n-Go Storage is not associated, sponsored or affiliated with PODS Enterprises, Inc. PODS® is a registered trademark of PODS Enterprises, Inc.)
Today, Box-n-Go Storage has taken the concept pioneered by Public Storage and PODS Enterprises, Inc. a step further: we can deliver one or several portable storage containers that are modular and sized right, at the same time, straight to your door in Southern California. Box-n-Go Storage is not associated, sponsored or affiliated with Public Storage, Inc., U-Haul International, Inc. or PODS Enterprises, Inc. Public Storage® is a registered trademark of Public Storage, Inc. U-Haul® is a registered trademark of U-Haul International, Inc. PODS® (Portable On Demand Storage) is a registered trademark of PODS Enterprises, Inc.