LA Storage Simplified
When packing your household items, using the outlined tips will lead to a successful LA Storage initiative. Residents can use the flexible mobile storage solutions from Box-n-Go to make their self storage trouble free.
Use The Right Boxes
- Use sturdy purpose-made packing boxes as old supermarket weak boxes may collapse.
- Fill boxes to the top as partly filled boxes will collapse when stacked whilst overfilled ones will not stack and topple.
- Make sure boxes are not too heavy to lift when filled – a carton of books or files is particularly heavy.
- Keep an inventory, label each carton with its contents, and which room it has come from.
- Use boxes rather than bags even for packing smaller items, bags can burst and they are impossible to stack.
- If packing books, pack them flat as packing them on their ends could damage the spines.
Be Careful Packing Fragile Items
- If you have any fragile items to pack, use bubble wrap for protection.
- If you want to use newspaper to pack fragile items, be aware that the print is likely to rub off and transfer to your item over a period of time.
- When packing plates, wrap each plate in packing paper and store them on their ends.
- Wrap mirrors and pictures in bubble wrap and stack on their ends in cartons.
Follow these guidelines to ensure your clothes are packed and stored correctly:
- When using hanging storage for clothes do not use uncoated metal hangers as they may rust over time.
- Allow plenty of space between items to help air circulation.
- Special wardrobe boxes with a rod for hanging make it easier to task.
- Packing furs, leathers, suits or other expensive garments is the only way to assure their safekeeping.
- If boxing clothing separate them with sheets of acid-free white tissue to separate garments and also line boxes or containers used with them.
Following these guidelines will help ensure trouble free LA storage.
While self-storage is nothing new, the portable storage system has changed the age-old system into a convenient and simple storage process. Introduced quite a few years ago, mobile storage units provide an efficient and easy way to pack and store items. Companies like PODS® and Public Storage have, over the years, developed various portable storage concepts, including the portable storage delivery systems and several storage containers sizes, which they referred to as PODS® for Portable On Demand Storage (Box-n-Go Storage is not associated, sponsored or affiliated with PODS Enterprises, Inc. PODS® is a registered trademark of PODS Enterprises, Inc.)
Today, Box-n-Go Storage has taken the concept pioneered by Public Storage and PODS Enterprises, Inc. a step further: we can deliver one or several portable storage containers that are modular and sized right, at the same time, straight to your door in Southern California. Box-n-Go Storage is not associated, sponsored or affiliated with Public Storage, Inc., U-Haul International, Inc. or PODS Enterprises, Inc. Public Storage® is a registered trademark of Public Storage, Inc. U-Haul® is a registered trademark of U-Haul International, Inc. PODS® (Portable On Demand Storage) is a registered trademark of PODS Enterprises, Inc.